- Client and Family Education
- Community Presentations
- Community Health Assessments
- Community Clinics
- Worksite Wellness Programs
- Wellness Works Coalition
- Foot care Clinics
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention activities in the schools and community
- "The Minor League" youth risk behavior prevention activities
Current Health Promotions
- Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Ride your bike for errands.
- Do volunteer work.
- Exercise at least 20 minutes each day.
- Plan and eat at least one meal as a family every day.
- Avoid cigarette smoke. If you smoke, quit.
- Learn something new - challenge your mind.
- Minimize alcohol use.
- Schedule time for yourself each day.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Reflect on the positive aspects of your life!
Disease Prevention and Control
- Immunizations - Immunization Registry
- Confidential HIV Counseling & Testing
- Tuberculosis Testing and Management
- Maintain Polk County Health Alert Network
- Communicable Disease Investigation
- Public Health Emergency Planning