The Auditor-Treasurer’s office, oversees the County’s finances and elections. Responsibilities include:
- Management of investments and checking accounts
- Collection of taxes for real estate, personal property and mobile homes
- Collection of special assessments and delinquent taxes
- Forfeited property due to delinquent taxes
- Funds received and disbursed by the county
- Missing heirs monies
- County capital asset records
- Grant funding and other government financial reporting
- Annual summary budgets
- Year end audits and creation of the annual financial statements
The Polk County Auditor-Treasurer’s office is also responsible for administration of elections which includes maintaining voter registration information, election training for all County election judges, organization of materials and equipment for election day as well as other activity leading up to the election, on election day and post election required paperwork.
In addition to all the above the office administers issuance of liquor and auctioneer licenses.