Reasons to Apply
You need to apply for a duplicate drivers license or ID card if:
- You are adding an endorsement (motorcycle, firearm, etc.)
- You are removing a corrective lens restriction.
- Your Minnesota license or ID card has been mutilated or destroyed.
- Your Minnesota license or ID has been lost or stolen
- Your name or address has changed
How to Apply
What you need to present to apply:
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian’s signature notarized on application (driver's license only)
- For current fee information for a duplicate identification card or driver's license, visit Driver & Vehicle Services (DVS)
- Present certified name change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) if changing your name
- Present documentation that makes you eligible to add any endorsement (test score sheet, firearm certificate, etc.)
- Present your current driver's license or identification card if changing name or address. If it has been lost or stolen, we can verify your identity on the state's computer system.
- Provide proof of being eligible to remove a restriction (take vision test or present completed Visual Acuity form.)
- To remove farm restrictions the individual must have had their instruction permit for at least 6 months and have turned 16