New to State Transfers


Seller(s) must sign on the front of the out of state title.

Buyer(s) information must be filled in on the front &/or back of title


In addition, the buyer must fill out a PS2000 form to register the vehicle in Minnesota. This means that when there will be more than one buyer both need to be present to sign the form. A form can also be picked up ahead of time for another party to sign and then the paperwork can completed and plates issued when the transaction is complete.

Borrowed Money

If money was borrowed to purchase the vehicle, the buyer(s) must provide complete name and address of lien holder(s) and date of loan. If no money was borrowed, check no for the question on security interests.