Hours - Monday through Friday - Open for phone
calls 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Crookston Office: Window hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The lobby self-service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
- East Grand Forks Office: Window and lobby hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The lobby self-service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- McIntosh Office: Window is closed to the public. The lobby is self service from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Polk County Social Services is dedicated to providing quality services through social and financial assistance programs to individuals and families in an equitable, compassionate manner, which affirms the value and uniqueness of each individual.
These services are provided by a professional staff committed to enhancing the quality of life for people while ensuring the cost-effective expenditure of public funds consistent with state and federal requirements.
Polk County Social Services is the county's public welfare and social services agency. The department is divided into three divisions and assists county residents in the following areas:
- Child Support Enforcement and Collections
- Child Care Assistance Program
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Financial Assistance
- Health Care Programs
- Adult Protection
- Chemical Dependency
- Child Care Licensing
- Child Protection
- Child Welfare
- Continuing Care
- Developmentally Disabled
- Foster Care Licensing
- Mental Health